Stamford Little League District All Star Selection Process
General Requirements & Guidelines:
At the beginning of the All-Star Process in early to mid-May, the post season committee consisting of the league president(s), the league player agent(s) and the Umpire in Chief shall be appointed as the post season committee. The committee will be responsible to oversee the entire All Star selection process for the managers and players, including appointing a selection committee to assist in the evaluation process for the 10-year-old All-Star team. Once a 10-year-old manager is nominated, they will also be included in the selection committee
Players interested in playing on one of the Stamford Little League All-Star Teams will have to opt-in to be on the ballot or the 10yo evaluation. Stamford Little League will send out an information sheet describing the commitment and each eligible player will have the choice to be on the ballot or not.
By making a player eligible to be selected on any All-Star Team, that player would be committing to the following:
1. The player will have played in a division of Stamford Little League for the Spring regular season AND played in a minimum of 8 house league games. If a medical injury is incurred during the season, the post season committee will evaluate on a case-by-case basis.
2. The player must live within or attend a school within their respective division boundary to be eligible. *Excluding 2D & 4H waivers.
3. Must commit to participating in ALL practices and games as determined by the Manager from approximately June 1st through August 1st (or beyond if the team keeps winning).
4. All-Star voting for the 11yo & 12yo teams will take place in mid to late May and will be administered by the League Player Agents, in conjunction with the League President(s). (If the Player Agent or President is selected to be the manager of an All-Star team, a substitute Board Member will be assigned).
5. The All-Star evaluation for the 9yo/10yo team will also take place late May and will be administered by the selection committee and elected team manager.
6. The Team Selections shall be announced on or after the allowed date by Little League International and shall include a minimum of 12 players.
All Star Manager Selection Process
1. Nominations for All-Star managers should be made via e-mail to the league president(s) and league Secretary by May 15th. Anyone who meets the requirements can a submit their request.
2. The recommendations from the Post Season Committee will be provided to the entire Board of Directors for a final vote of approval at a regularly scheduled board meeting or a secondarily scheduled meeting called by the executive committee if required.
3. Once a manager is selected and approved, that manager will then select his TWO assistant coaches.
AS PER THE LITTLE LEAGUE RULE BOOK
a. 12yo manager & assistant coaches (2) “must” be a manager or coach in the MAJORS division.
b. 11yo manager & assistant coaches (2) “must” be a manager or coach in either the Minors (AAA) or Majors division.
c. 10yo manager & assistant coaches (2) “must” be a manager or coach in either the Minors (AAA) or Majors division.
*The league president and player agent may be eligible for selection by the local league Board of Directors to coach or manage with written approval from their respective District Administrator.
4. Any manager that is selected to manage an all-star team must still coach the team even if their child does not make the team.
5. If an all-star team does not have anyone nominated, then the Executive Board will nominate someone for that team.
11yo & 12yo Player Selection Process
1. To be eligible to receive a vote, the player must provide their name on the ballot.
2. All Majors players (all ages) vote for up to 12 all-stars for each team (12’s and 11’s). That is, each voting player will vote for up to 12 players for the 12-year-old team and will also vote for up to 12 players for the 11-year-old team.
3. Each major league manager, coach #1 & coach #2 will vote for 12 kids per all-star team.
4. Top 8 vote-getters from the results of the vote will automatically be placed on their respective teams.
5. If a player “voted” onto the team (the top 8 vote-getters) elects not to play - the next highest vote getter from the official vote will be offered the spot on the team until the minimum number of “voted” positions are filled.
6. The All-star manager will select the remaining players to complete the team. These selections may be made from any remaining eligible players on the ballot who were not automatically placed on the team. This includes possible selections from the 11yo team. The roster shall include a minimum of 12 players.
7. The post season committee will review and approve all selections, to ensure fairness.
8. If a player leaves the team, for any reason, or is injured after the team is announced - the coach is not required to replace the player as long as approved by the District Administrator.
9. Any replacement player to the All-Star team, while the team is still in competition, must be done via the approved Little League procedure.
10. Managers “must” go to the Player Agent and post season committee before making any decisions on a replacement or before making any commitments to a replacement. Failing to follow the proper process could lead to disqualification from the LL tournament.
10yo Player Selection Process
1. The post season committee will be responsible for the evaluation and selection of the 10-year-old All-Star team.
2. .Unless deemed a requirement by the post season committee & approved by the Executive Board, NO 10 year old players will be allowed to play up on the 11 year old team.
3. An evaluation will be conducted during late May which will include the following players:
a. All major league 10-year-olds will be eligible for the evaluation.
b. Each manager from AAA will nominate a minimum of 2 or maximum of 3 players (9yo or 10yo) to be considered for the evaluation.
c. The postseason committee shall review and approve these nominations prior to the players being invited to the evaluation.
d. The postseason committee shall be allowed up to three wild card invitations for players deemed candidates but not selected by team managers.
4. If a player selected onto the team elects not to play, the next highest rated player will be chosen.
5. If a player leaves the team, for any reason, or is injured after the team is announced - the coach is not required to replace the player as long as approved by the District Administrator.
6. Any replacement player to the All-Star team, while the team is still in competition, must be done via the approved Little League procedure.
7. Managers “must” go to the Player Agent and post season committee before making any decisions on a replacement or before making any commitments to a replacement. Failing to follow the proper process could lead to disqualification from the LL tournament.